Friday 17 May 2013

A selection of landscapes

Below are a selection of abstracts and landscapes that I have taken over the past few days. Some are more successful than others.

Textures of this long Marram Grass blowing in the wind
I used a ND filter and dragged the shutter on this to try and capture the extreme wind in this image

Just before the sun went down the moore was bathed in a red warm light. Unfortunately no short-eared owls were to be seen.


Difficult to see but on one of the fence posts highlighted by the sun there is a small wheatear resting

Contrasty landscape with a silhouette of a wading bird near the centre


Couldn't resist a sunset
 I am pleased with these shots of a small loch that we have been passing everyday


This was taken on a very calm clear evening. By underexposing I tried to keep it very graphic

The following day there was a heavy mist over the same loch which gave the place a brilliant atmosphere. These were taken at about 5 in the morning.

I tried keeping it simple


I didn't use any filters and only made basic digital adjustments

It was a beautiful morning and this is pretty much exactly how it looked, so I hope it does it justice

At around 7:30am we passed this small reed bed which caught my attention due the harsh lighting and completely still water creating an awesome mirror effect.


Very abstract and surreal image that I can imagine being on an album cover or similar
I tried a range of different compositions
Example of a portrait
The water was so still and reflective it was like a mirror at certain angles


No comments:

Post a Comment